If you would like your article featured on our site or would like to post an article, please contact us first and observe the following rules for acceptance:
- Submit your own original work (or have documented permission from original author).
- You must philosophically examine a topic in dental ethics or a philosophic topic related to dentistry or a interdisciplinary field.
- Title should be long and include keywords to allow for search engine optimization on google. Keywords in article itself is not required, as you should have artistic license in your writing.
- Please submit your:
- full name, title (e.g. DDS, PhD in Philosophy),
- academic designations (e.g. Associate Professor at The Academy),
- practice name (optional),
- linked website (or other form of communication such as an email you would link to be displayed is optional),
- and a short paragraph (few sentences) about your background in the dental or medical field to be included in the post
- Submit article in a word or pages document with a word count and preferred email (at the end) for further correspondence with the site Editor.
- Times new roman, 12 font, double spaced, with bold and italics where needed. Head and sub-headers are encouraged. MLA citation recommended with a work cited page. Please avoid footnotes and endnotes but use them if required for clarity.
Things to keep in mind
You may first submit an abstract if you wish for approval on topic appropriateness (sticking to a site topic is a good start). Submissions are recommended to be at least 500-2000 words (word limit is not important, make your point clearly with enough words and then stop). Times new roman, 12 font, double spaced, with bold and italics where needed. Head and sub-headers are encouraged. MLA citation recommended with a work cited page. Please avoid footnotes and endnotes but use them if required for clarity. Articles will be formatted for the website accordingly from the submitted electronic file. Inappropriate grammar and vague sentence structure must be improved before publication.
Disclaimer: submission and rejection process
Content will NOT be edited or recommended to be changed (only when clarity of thesis is required). This site is for free thought, not censorship, but academic rigor, web compatibility, and ease of readability are valued. Submissions will be rejected if they are too messily written, commit plagiarism (posted articles will be taken down if identified on a later date), have suggestive language that would promote economic inequality and discrimination of individuals based on race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, and religion. Rejections will provided with an explanation and opportunity for re-submission. Please allow for up to 5 business days between correspondences.
Thank you for your active participation in the dental community and continued luck on living a life examined.